Code/Role of Team Manager
The Role of the Team Manager is varied and important to the smooth running of the team. Some of key roles a Team Manager should perform are as follows:
- Promote positive relations within the team and the Club.
- Represent the team by liaising with the Club and the families.
- Ensure that team list is current at all times and the Club is kept informed of any changes
- Assist Coach’s when necessary.
- Distribute fixture to families and communicate any changes.
- Facilitate communications within the team, e.g. fixtures, friendship lists and social functions.
- Distribute payment forms
- Ensure all players are wearing correct attire to games.
- Organise Orange Rosters
- Be responsible for distribution of balls, cones, bibs, first aid equipment and ensure that it is returned to TUFC good condition for the next season.
- Prepare trophy list
- Other duties as required by the football committee during the season.
- When engaging in blogs, wikis, social networks, virtual worlds, or any other kind of social media, only post meaningful, respectful comments. I will not ridicule or post offensive material about Templestowe United FC.
- On match day ensure that
- Pitch is ready for play i.e. flags etc
- ID cards are checked and made available (For U12 onwards)
- Referees and Linesmen are rostered when required. For U8 to U11 home games, you need to provide a referee and whistle.
- Prepare orange roster if required
- Check that first aid kit is available
- Check that all required equipment is available e.g. whistle, balls etc and return after use
Commitment to the team and the Club is the key to success.