Role/Code Of Ethics of the Coach
Adhering to this Code will ensure enjoyment and satisfaction to junior players involved in football as ultimately “it is their game”.
- I will ensure that the players are involved in a positive environment, and that the game and training is a positive and enjoyable experience.
- I will respect all players’ individuality and help them reach their own full potential
- I will be fair, considerate and honest with all players.
- I will be professional and accept responsibility for my actions and encourage players to demonstrate the same qualities.
- I will make a commitment to my team and myself that I will continue to improve my own knowledge of the game through coach education and various training programs. I will coach my players to play within the rules and in the spirit of the game of football.
- I will avoid any physical contact with the players and should it be required it would be appropriate to the situation and necessary for the player’s skill development.
- I will refrain from any form of personal abuse towards my players. Also be aware of any form of abuse directed towards my players from other sources whilst they are in my care.
- I will refrain from any form of harassment towards players.
- I will provide a safe environment for training and competition by ensuring the equipment and facilities meet safety standards.
- I will show concern and caution towards sick and injured players and allow for further participation in training and competition only when appropriate.
- I will not engage in the use of crude, foul and abusive language that may be determined offensive or engage in any conduct detrimental to the image of the game when on or off the field.
- I will refrain from arguing with the referee and or assistant referees regarding decision they make.
- I will treat participants, officials and spectators with courtesy and respect.
- When engaging in blogs, wikis, social networks, virtual worlds, or any other kind of social media, only post meaningful, respectful comments. I will not ridicule or post offensive material about Templestowe United FC.